Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Magic Pesto

I love pesto. I make it with parsley, coriander, or basil or some times a mixture of herbs. Which ever herb you choose, ensure it is fresh. I pour one third cup lemon juice and two thirds cups olive oil into the blender, add 3 to 4 cloves of garlic and stuff the blender full of fresh, washed herbs. When it is the colour of a green goddess and there are no strands of green in the mixture, just tiny bits of green, it is blended enough. Then grate at least one cup of Parmesan cheese into the mixture. I have also added ground almonds for people who are allergic to cheese. I ladle the pesto into small containers. Label them and place them in the freezer. I use the pesto for every thing - it is great layered with sun dried tomatoes and goat cheese in a clear glass bowl as an appetizer, I toss it on all vegetables, potatoes or pasta. For salmon, mix 1/2 cup of pesto and 1/2 cup mayo and spread it on the salmon before barbecuing. Delicious.

As my friend Jan said, it is just magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment